THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I want to be Oblivious!


Right now I'm hiding. I put my headphones in my ears and turned up the volume so I can't hear anything but the music. Even though the kids have come to bug me a million times I'm still determined to sit here and listed to my music! Today has been a little stressful. I woke up to Elliot whining because he wanted candy for breakfast (which of course I said no) and because him and Mason were fighting over a video game. Then on top of that Ethan lied to me the night before about having his homework done (which of course it wasn't) so was I extremely frustrated because he just wanted me to give him all the answers instead of taking the time to think about it and he was whining and arguing with me about how it was too hard for him. THEN, Nick started to get on MY case because I was irritated and arguing with the kids too much!!!! Sheesh. Talk about a morning from hell. All I want is to wake up in the morning without having people all up in my face! Sometimes it feels like everyone needs 100 things from me all at the same time. Hello... I'm only one person people! And there is only so much drama and stress I can handle before I blow up. Blow up or cry. Which is what I did this morning. There's nothing like starting out your day with a bunch of people yelling at you and then crying your eyes out all before 8 a.m! I sure hope tomorrow morning is better. Maybe I'll just stick these headphones back in my ears while I'm making my coffee so I can't hear any of the whining and arguing. Good idea! I can be completely oblivious to the chaos around me and enjoy my coffee with some good tunes. Man, why didn't I think of that earlier?

OK, well I've been hiding for a pretty long time. I guess I better go peek at the kids just to make sure nobody is bleeding or anything.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh man I totally understand what you're going through! I know at least for me those days where everyone is going crazy at the same time doesn't happen all that often but when it does the rest of my day is shot! I hope you were able to recover and at least have a little bit better of a day. Just send everyone to bed early, take a warm, relaxing bath and hope that tomorrow goes better. If it doesn't, make some brownies and enjoy them, that always makes me feel better.

Sarah said...

You are a great mom. Everybody has those days! I hate them as much as you. That's when I'm glad I have my back-up friends and sisters to call and complain and cry to. Hang in there. 16 more years and you will be done. Ha ha.

Evie said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry you were having one of those days. If you ever needs to hide come over to my house and well drink until I see a smile back on your face!!!

sammi said...

Okay its my turn to come and bug you get on the next blog update. you havent written anything since november and I know for a fact alot has happened lol. N-e ways just thought i would stop by yours and get on your case like you did on mine. hope to hear something soon.